Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

04 February 2008

Written on 10 January 2008

I miss old school WOW. Back in the days when you actually need skills to get stuff... I remember how much time and patience I put into getting the Commander war tiger only to be changed by Blizz a week before I got there, sod life. At least I got to Lieutenant Commander, even when I played with 10kms for weeks because I had that bug in BWL and AQ40 and in AVs. Apparently, it wasn't only me. People just take turns getting it. I remember going into Karazhan for the first time, and then a month later, Blizz made it so much easier to kill the mobs and bosses there... And now you see people in full Gladiator set and they haven't a clue how AV even works, after the Nth time it had been changed. I suppose it's that easy to get a leech-program to bot around in AVs, even a guildmate does it, but there will always be those type. And now that there are so many noobs playing WOW getting free epics by farming HKs in the middle of AV, the game is quickly losing the excitement and challenge that it once had - for me at least. I did one heroic dungeon with someone who marked a demon to sheep and sap. I wouldn't go zomgwtf but he had FULL gladiator set. I miss old school WOW, because once upon a time, epics meant skills and a lot of time getting bosses down, or doing a lot of BGs to get you a high rank to get gear what are only available to players who have such high ranks. Once upon a time, there were things exclusively available by players who deserved them. But I suppose, to Blizz now, as long as you pay, you get everything.
Oh, and just a random thought - where is the SPIRIT in Priest PVP gear??? What's the point of the spirit related talent? Priest PVP gear sucks for PVE :< I have some Gladiator pieces on the priest that I just got to level 70, but I wear blues in dungeons as they are clearly better for PVE. But since you get free epics in BGs nowadays, there hardly are people who are doing heroics and such. And even when you do find a group for heroics to do the daily, i pay more for my repair cost than the gold you get from completing dailies...
WTB the expansion, at least there is still challenge at leveling up... oh but wait, Blizz made that easier too (at least from 1-60)
And so I do something more interesting, I read :D
And this book is awesome! What an amazing mind Richard Knaak has. In the future, I want to have a son or a daughter who writes about Computer Game lore than play the games themselves. Such a clever person with such wonderful imagination. The book makes me wish there are real dragons, would be really cool

No comments: