Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

27 February 2008

7th Heaven, A Novel by James Patterson


I've just finished reading the book my mum lent me yesterday. I lent her "The Ghost", so we sort of exchanged books :-).
She has many of James Patterson's books but I have not really been interested enough to pick one from the many bookcases in the house. But I was so bored of WOW, and all there was on telly were replays of footy matches which James has already told me the final score to, and after reading The Ghost, I was still in a reading mood, so I started reading 7th Heaven. Apparently it's part of a series, so maybe I should give it a chance and read the other six books before it? Personally, I thought the book was very forgettable, the characters lack personality, and the book was very, very predictable, that if it had been a film, I would have guessed what happened within the first five minutes, who did what and stopped watching. James said I am very good at predicting the ending of a movie, I always guess what happened, and who the bad guy is, or are. I didn't enjoy this book at all, to be honest. I like it when the surgeon said: "Crap. Time of death..." That cracked me up, really. I didn't think James Patterson used "honeybunch", "butterfly" and other terms of endearment far too often, and far too much. And I can't really imagine middle-aged women calling each other "girlfriend" face-to-face, like the characters on this book. Yeah, I can just picture my mum walking toward her mates saying "hey girlfriend..." I'm surprised they didn't call one another "BFFs", to be honest. And the way that Hawk and Pidge got busted is way too easy and therefore boring. So, I give this book a 2.5 out of five stars.

The only thing that made me smile about this book is Yuki. Nothing to do with her character, but I just suddenly remembered someone telling me three years ago that if he ever married a Japanese girl, he would name their daughter "Yuki". I also remember getting extremely jealous and I stopped talking to him for the rest of that night. I'm not Japanese, and never will be, and he just did not have a clue.

No comments: