Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

04 February 2008

Lucky to have one!


Even back then, I was very selective of my friends. To me, I would rather have just one TRUE friend, rather than a thousand fake ones. Back in high school, I wasn't exactly the most popular one, but I didn't care one little bit. I was in a popular dance group called TAP (Terpsichorean Angelian Performers) which was really cool and people got to see me perform and I actually got known in the school. But that wasn't the reason I joined the dance group, I joined because I love to dance. But even when I had the chance to have hundreds of friends, I didn't because I can't stand hypocrisy, and fake people. I don't understand why people just can't say "No" to someone they really don't like, instead of smiling at that person and making small talks, only to stab them behind their backs after. Maybe it was because we were young then, or so I thought. Because I soon realised that it goes on even after High School. Some say I am too picky with my friends, but I don't see any point in pretending I like someone when in fact I don't. Of course I'd always try to get to know them first before I decide I don't want them to be my friend, but when I have come up with a decision, it does not change - ever. I group people outside my family circle in three: 1. my friends 2. people i know 3. people i don't know; and I don't have any sub-categories for these. I don't have ranks for my friends, and people around me.

I have been through some really tough times, and it's good to know that in those times, I have someone outside my family that I can truly and fully trust. I am glad to have that someone in Sarah, my best friend. We first met when I was 7 and she was 8. We did not start out as best friends because back then I already had one in Abigail. But since she and her family migrated to Australia in 1997, Sarah became my best friend. She wasn't a replacement, but there were so many things that happened then and when a foreign land changes the best friend you have, it's not really easy to patch things up with the thousands of miles separating us.

Sarah and I are complete opposites. I will ask her to make a list (simply cos it's more interesting if she made one, and we can compare notes) and I will post it here, and compare it with my own. I suppose we make up for the differences with our likeness in the things that matter. She is my all-time clown. She never fails to make me laugh every time we see each other. And the best thing about her - she is REAL. She knows what she is, and therefore is not envious of others who are what she is not. To me, it is really important that one knows their strong points, so that when they dare to look at someone else, they can reassure themselves that they are equally good, if not better than that person. Nobody is perfect, buy if you search inside your heart and understand the good in it, we are all just equals. Every thing has it's beauty, but not every one sees it. And if you, yourself, don't see it, don't expect others to.

No comments: