Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

27 February 2008

CAGED

27 Feb 2008

9:25PM


The music plays and my thoughts drift away

Into the depths of the past that even you thought would last

The future was clear, we didn’t need eyes to see

What went wrong along the way will always be a mystery.

The stars above me still shine ever so brightly

But the promise in every one of them I could no longer see

The clouds shadow the light that once was your love around me

It doesn’t take a genius to know what has become of you who was once free

Free as a bird that flies around the happy scenery

Free to love without having to think if people think it’s not to be

Free as the heart that never had to pick up the pieces when they fell apart

Free as the space you’ve left deep inside of my heart, now I see

I never should have wished I was ever free

Because I’d rather be caged inside your arms if that is what it takes

To not feel lost alone in this endless agony

The hollow in my heart I shall keep it free

When you have returned, it will be yours to have

Just like the waters belong to the sea,

I will give up the beauty of being free

If it means I could love you for what the rest of my life shall see.

No comments: