Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

12 April 2008

The sun actually shines out here!




Today was a fun day. James and I took a 20-minute walk to the town centre and it was the longest walk I ever took for a long time, in 3-inch heels as well. It was cold when we started walking but eventually, I sweat from walking up and down the hill and the sun came up which was very welcome. I actually had to take my coat (actually, Liz') off when we got to the Town Centre. James got me three coats: water proof coat, a dressy (top) coat and a very comfy fleece coat. I never knew there were so many types of stuff that I don't wear :D

After that, we took a look around the other shops in the area. We went in the Asian Store and it was good to see local stuff in there selling for 5 times the price! We picked up pancit noodles and soya sauce because James loves pancit, and I think tomorrow I am going to cook it for him and his parents to sample. I'm quite happy that my in-laws had the chicken pasta i cooked this afty for James' dinner. They ate all of it too, and said it was very tasty. Not bad for my first try :) The stuff I normally use back home to make it is not available in Sainsbury's, so I picked up raw ingredients and just made it taste as close to what James likes as possible. I put some sugar, which is very rare of me. I almost never put sugar in my dishes, only when I bake cakes and cookies (well, duh!)

The sun set at 8PM today, which is right weird because back home, the sun sets at 5:30. So that was my day today, it was fun and exciting but at the end of the day, I miss home. I miss my cats so much it hurts to think I may not see them again. Even the little ones, I wish they would've been born sooner so that I could've been around to watch them grow. It's good that over here, I could leave the bedroom door open, and buy a black coat without having to worry about cat hair being all over it. But if I had a choice, I would rather wear cat hair because the feeling that my babies give me is absolutely priceless. Even more so than the famous Chesterfield landmark, The Crooked Spire... which I never bothered to take a photo of when we were at the shops. Ah, well, a good excuse to go back tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sooooo incredibly happy for you that you have no idea!