Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

13 April 2008

A Sisterly Advice

I came to England with return flights simply because it was cheaper than getting just a one-way ticket. But now and again, I think of taking the flight back home on the 28th of April thinking I might not be cut out for this kind of life, and this kind of weather. It really is hard not living in your own home, not being able to do what you want to do, like back home, I would lounge around and had Elena to do every thing for me, and had my cats to cuddle whenever I feel like it.

I knew I was going to miss home, but I did not expect it to be like this. It is fun but at the same time, I get scared that I may not be able to do things the way I thought I would.
I speak to my family every day on messenger but it does not lessen the loneliness I feel being so far away from home. I told my sister I wanted to go home, and she said that I should just think how many people want to leave the Philippines for a shot at a better life abroad, and imagine the number of people who just dream about actually getting to another country to have a better job and a better life. She is right, I should really think that the next time I think of going home. It is not as easily done as it is said, but I can do it. Especially when I have nice people around me and a very supportive husband who has my best interest at heart. I know my family's prayers are with me so it shouldn't be so hard. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt, feeling homesick is the one huge hurdle that anyone migrating to a far-away land has to cope with. There is no easy way to deal with that.

But your sister has a point in her advice, that you give it a shot first. Give it a shot with your husband's boundless love as ammunition, and your in-laws' affection as back-up.

You might say this is easier said than done -- giving it a try before giving up -- and I would totally agree with you. I've been there before so I knew whereof I speak.

Missing home wrenches the heart. There's the pull of all things familiar, and there's the push of all things new and alien.

Stay centred and hopefully, this dismal mist will soon lift and show you the sunny side of being with the one you love.

We all love you and will be here for you no matter what -- sunny side up, or sunny side down.


Mum