Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

13 April 2008

England Diaries: Day 2


Today started really slow. I woke up at 6:30 in the morning, and of course James wakes up when I do because the slightest sound wakes him. Our bed isn't big like the one I have back home, and we only have 2 cushions compared to 11 I had in my room, but since James and I are both skinny, we actually are very comfy in his bed. Not to mention the fact that in this cold country, warmth is very very welcome indeed.
I cooked ham and cheese omelette for breakfast, and a nice cup of coffee, and I went to Arathi Highlands, because for some reason, I had an urge to go to it. Weird, I know, but that's me. James ended up doing heroic Mechanar on his paladin with my brother's tankadin and they did it with no wipes. Pro.
I couldn't decide what to have for dinner, so I munched on biscuits we got from Sainsbury's yesterday. They were quite nice, but they're too sweet for me. Somehow sweet food tend to give me headache so I try to avoid them. My last proper meal was on the plane so after eating half a packet of fruity biscuits, I still felt hungry, but I didn't know what to eat. I tried to munch on Doritos, but James said I can't keep eating junk so he went to the supermarket and got me a selection of food. He got me breaded fish what looked tasty, ready meal (spicy chicken and veg with rice) and assorted pot noodles. He even got me Cosmopolitan Magazine UK. He's such a star.
So I chose the spicy chicken and he chucked it in the oven for me and even served me a glass of water with it. Oh, I haven't mentioned, but the tap water here is colder than the bottled ones we put in the freezer back home :D
That would be so good back home, will save us a lot of money :-)
MISSING HOME
I think James noticed I was about to break into tears because I was missing home so bad. Honestly want to go home because I feel like there is more back home for me than there is here. I wonder how it feels like for OFWs who have nobody in a strange land. It must be right hard for them. So James thought I needed to get out of the house to get me out of the lonely spell I was slowly sinking into. So I got dressed, put on my trainers which I never wear. And to James's delight, we walked twice the pace as usual in my 'normal' pair of shoes. It was actually more fun to walk in my trainers cos I can concentrate on what is around me than having to focus all the time on the terrain, afraid it might damage my heel or something awful like that. It was really cold even though I was wearing 3 tops, socks and gloves. The wind was very chilly and it was blowing right into my face which was really hard to take in because it made it hard for me to breath. But it was well worth it because the view out there was simply gorgeous. I hope to go there when it is warmer and watch the sunset because I can just picture how lovely it would be.
It was a welcome stop at Richard's house. They are the first family I met since coming here two days ago. I met Richard, James's dad's younger brother and his girlfriend, Wendy and little Tara. They were both very nice and warm people, even warmer than their house (trust me, my hands were freezing in spite being inside their warm house). We stayed for ten minutes, had a bit of chat with them and they were really lovely people I was really surprised how nice they were. They offered us a drink but James and I were not staying long so we passed on the offer. Perhaps next time, we will take on the offer :-)
The walk back seemed shorter, and I learned that walking faster helps shake the cold off. It was really fun taking a walk with James because he would tell me stories as we walked past certain spots, like what he used to do there when he was younger, naughty things he did with his mates etc. I don't take many walks back home, in fact I hardly ever go out for a walk, so I really enjoyed that, but for sure I will enjoy it better if it was warmer than 8 degrees with chilly air blowing at my face.
Walks could be fun and maybe I will get to love weaing my trainers afterall.

No comments: