Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

16 April 2008

England Diaries: Day 5


Today had been quite productive. James and I went into town and accomplished five things! First, we went to HSBC to change his bank accounts into joint account, and we were told that in a week's time, if there is no problem with the details we've provided, that I shall get my card in the post. Then we went to this mobile phone shop and got me an Orange SIM card cos he has been texting me on my PI number still the past couple of days, which I found right funny. He topped it up with £10 so I can text him at work. After that, we went into BOOTS and got me a moisturising cream because my skin is drying up like hell in this country, so I desperately needed that. Also got a hairbrush for me, who among all people who has very long hair does not have her own hairbrush. So at last, I get to brush my hair properly since I got here. I wasn't happy about the price of stuff here, but I suppose it's all relative to the standard of living. It's just I always do a mental calculation of prices here converted into pesos, just like when I look at the time here, I check PI and UK time, so I practically live in two time zones. James also showed me the Chesterfield Library, which I thought was really cool, you can use computers inside the building, and borrow books and DVDs etc. James picked up a book because he gets bored on his bus ride to and from work. After that, we went to NeW LooK, because he said I needed black boots in which I can walk a little bit faster in (ZOMG). We found some really good bargain but I couldn't be arsed to try them on because it's hard to zip my boots back on again, so we left that for another day. According to my Sketchers trainers, I am a UK size 4, that sounds small to me because back home I am a 6/7. I guess I will find out when we go back to NL to try some shoes and boots on, and I will make sure I am prepared then.. So, yeah, I'm kinda bummed that I couldn't try shoes on today.

I think the cold weather has washed out my brain cells because I have already forgotten the name of the coffee shop we went to for a cuppa. James said that it used to be Pizza Hut there so it was quite new and he's never been in it before. It was a cozy place, and James picked the best spot, the couch was really comfy, and actually warm! (yes, warm.) I ended up drinking James's hot mocha, and I let him have my hot chocolate because I knew he wasn't enjoying his mocha drink. He finished the hot chocolate in no time at all. Last but not the least, we went to Job Centre and printed out a few job vacancies that possibly suit me. It made me wish we had a place like that in the Philippines, it would do a lot of people a world of good.

"Making sure he eats healthy, eh?"
{smile}
The fifth thing that we accomplished today? absolutely priceless bonding as husband and wife. When we got home, I cooked fried chicken and made chicken salad sandwich for dinner whilst he tidied up and vacuumed the bathroom. He can't go to work unless he ate proper food (no, not his usual cheese sandwich) and one of the reasons I love cooking and making him proper meals, may it be breaky, dinner or tea, is that he loves to eat, and you can see it when he eats that he really appreciates the food that is in front of him and the effort that has been put into preparing it. I trick him by making layered sandwiches, that way he eats more than he thinks. Gotta fatten him a wee bit :-)
At 3PM, he had to leave for work, and he is working today until 11PM, but at least now I can text him back on his break.

I did the washing today, trousers and jeans. And I hand washed his work shirts because the one he is wearing today is the last one and knowing him, it will have stains on it somewhere. White shirts suck to be honest. I've hung all the clothes up, and I need to bring them inside now because it's getting dark. It's past 8 in the evening and it's still bloody light outside. I have to get used to this. Back home, the sun sets at 5:30, so it's kind of weird for me to look at the clock and see 8:15PM and look out the window and see light!

Ok, that's all my day for now. I need to write a cover letter for my work applications and I need to get it done now before I forget :-D

Ah, by the way, I think the coffee shop we went to is called Costa. I remember it being written across this humongous coffee cup.

Until next time. Ta-ra!

_________________________________

9:59PM

I've just got a phone call from James saying they are just closing at work, and that he will be home in a couple of hours. Good timing as I told him I have just finished writing the cover letter for my job application. I have never had to write a cover letter for any of my previous jobs before, so I am an absolute noob with this sort of thing, but I am no noob to writing, so I think I did OK.

I've done the washing and drying up, and also made a fresh fruit salad for James to snack on when he gets back tonight as he told me he doesn't really want anything heavy for tea because he'd be tired and it'd be late, so I thought I'd just make him something healthy to snack on at least

I've always known my skin is super sensitive, but my god, I did not realise just how bad it is. So, as I have already said, my skin is ultra-dry probably because I don't use moisturiser of any sort.. I never use them because they make my skin oily and itchy (yes I have tried way too many brands and sorts). But I think I might have to lump it and hope for the best. My lips are no longer dry, it has been normal for the past two days actually, but there is now a canker sore on the left corner of my lips which sucks big time. The weather here is rubbish, I don't know how I am going to get used to it, if that is even half possible. It was 5 degrees C this morning but the wind felt like -5... I mean, really..

Man, I miss my cats... What I wouldn't give just now to cuddle with every single one of them...
I guess you can't have the best of both worlds, eh?

No comments: