Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

27 April 2008

England Diaries: Day 16



Today, I did two things that I never had to do by myself. I painted my nails, one hand at a time though, so I can still do some chores whilst waiting for it to dry. I also (finally) got my stubborn ingrown toenail that's been doing my head in for the past week, preventing me to strut in me sexy dainty shoes! Very bad. It hurt like hell but heck, I do it way better than the nailwoman back home. I realised, she's been trimming my nails improperly, causing me to have ingrowns all the time. All she does is trim the ingrown instead of letting it grow out and let the nail grow properly. So I end up with ingrowns every 6 weeks. So I am putting an end to that.




NOTES > COINS

It's weird for me to see people use coins and credit/debit cards to pay for their purchases all the time, because back home, it almost never happens.

First of all, your average Filipino won't have a credit card, some by choice but most don't even qualify for one. I owned an internet cafe and even I was not qualified to get a credit card, not that I wanted one. And you won't see people using coins to pay for a week's load of groceries. They use a lot of coins here, and of course to me, all of them look the same - they all have the queens head on them. Philippine coins have different people on them, they come in different colours, and they are definitely not worth as much as the English ones.


So with that said, I have to memorise and and be able to determine which coins are which because soon enough, I'd have to use them myself. James will be home tonight in exactly one hour from now, and we will be having a mini test about the coins and I think I will nail it :D

God, I miss our television shows back home. British telly is rubbish! They like showing repeats all the time. They don't have noontime variety shows. They don't have entertaining gameshows, and most of all, they don't have my favourite channels! No Animal Planet, no Sky Sports, no HBO, no StarTV - nothing. Where are the British comedy I looked forward to?? Pfft.


Ah, well, people probably have better things to do than watch telly here.



Animals > People

I miss my cats soooo much. I wake up every day and wish i could hear their footsteps coming up to my room and meowing their hearts out at me. When I am ill and I touch any of my cats, I suddenly feel much better. And I have been sick here since I arrived. I love my pets because they give without wanting anything in return. Well, of course they want food, but if you didn't give them the food they want, they won't tell you harsh words, or hurt you in any way and blame you for not making life amazing for them. People, even the ones we love, sometimes forget that there is only so much someone can do for them. The moment you are not able to help them, or give them what they want, everything that you've done for them is chucked out the window and forgotten about. What they really forget is to take a little time to think about the things they have done for you, instead of thinking what else they can get out of you. Sometimes it gets to me and I don't understand why some people just can't stop for a while, and be selfless. Maybe, just maybe, they would know how amazing it actually feels to give, and for once give something back to people who has given so much. I know some people cannot give, but it's not hard to remember. Remember who was there when no one else was or wanted to be. But anyway, I was talking about my cats... I miss them because they have been a great family, and it hurts to think I may never see or hold them again. I love them because they are empathetic, appreciative and thoughtful. And that is hard to find nowadays.
Fortunately, I am blessed to have found one. And right now, he is hungry and knackered from his 10 hour-shift. And I am going to make him a lovely tea... I don't know what to cook yet though... I suck!

I've been without my fleece the whole day and I ain't even chilly, and the heating is off. Man, I'm doing well. James's dad will be so proud of me hahaha xx

No comments: