Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

15 April 2008

England Diaries: Day 4

I survived my first English fever yesterday with no meds at all, not bad eh? Although, I have to say I missed my mum because she would look after me and wouldn't stop checking on me until I am yelling and screaming around the house again.
James came home last night at around 11PM, and said I was like a toaster.. but maybe because his hands were freezing from being out in the cold? Good job I have already made him a sandwich for his tea so it was ready when he got home, I don't think I would have managed to make it after 4PM yesterday when I started feeling really ill.
I got my first letter in the post today, came very early in the morning. It's from the National Insurance confirming my appointment on the 28th of April. Tomorrow, James and I are going to the Job Centre and he said he is going to show me more of the town as well. I just hope it does not rain.

"I will be here to support you, so you sort him out, cos I sure as hell can't sort him out"
[laughter]
He's at work again today from 3PM-9PM, so it's not so bad. We had dinner together before he left, fish and chips and peas. It was surprisingly nice for an oven-ready meal. After he left for work, Madeleine and I went for a 5 minute walk. She showed me where the postbox is, and explained how the post system works. It's very handy if you can't be arsed to go to the post office. She also told me the name of the different trees in their front and back garden but I could only remember half.. It's a shame really, because I love trees and i don't even know the name of the one kind of tree we have back home, around the estate where I lived for seventeen years. She showed me the lavenders and tulips they have in their garden, pointed out the little cherry tree and the bamboo plant.
I asked her what she was making for dinner and if she wanted any help. She said not really, but I volunteered to peel the potatoes anyway. As it turned out, at this time of the year, they have "new potatoes" and u don't peel them. Instead, you wash them and scrape the skin off which was quite annoying and took an awful lot of time. I did not see much point in scraping it instead though. I could have peeled it very thinly and it would have taken me half the time, but oh well. I'm in England so I'll do as the English do... until I get my own kitchen, of course.. then, old or new potato gets peeled the same :D

"He was so cute then.. what went wrong?"
"Haha, you tell me"
{chuckles}
The highlight of my day though has been looking at the photo albums that Madeleine has found for me. I can't believe how adorable James was as a little boy! He was a right poser as well! I knew he was faking it and playing shy the first times we took photos. He's the most adorable little boy I have ever seen. Judging from the photos in the six photo albums Madeleine showed me, I think that he has had a wonderful childhood anyone could ever ask for.



No comments: