Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

25 April 2008

The 12th Day in details!





Posted by Picasa

These photos were taken on the 23rd, my 11th day here in England. James had the day off so we went for a walkto town, along the canal. I made sure I wore my trainers because it's a bit muddy and narrow along that path. I imagine the canal would be really scary in the dark because there is so many strange noises that come from every direction: the tall tress, the waters, the grasses and even the road nearby. But this paricular noise that made James stop walking is probably one of the most beautiful sound Nature creates. I know it's one of the most fantastic sound I have heard in my life. It echoes throughout the whole place that James and I had to listen closely to determine the source of it. He knew what it was - I had no idea. When he told me what it was, I couldn't wait to find it, and I spotted it first :-) It was a woodpecker! I've never seen or heard one in real life before. The only wildlife we have back home are the myna and parrots that my neighbour keep as pets, the wild sparrows that wake me up every morning, oh, and the cow that lives in 19A!
James said he rarely sees a woodpecker, and that I am lucky that I saw (and heard) one on my first walk along the canal :-) But then, the day before that, he also told me that he never sees starlings anymore, whereas they used to nest in the gutter on their roof. A few hours later, we saw a dozen of them in the garden uprooting grasses and digging the soil in search of... insects? They completely ignored the piece of bread and the banana that was kissing their asses. Ah, well, leave that to the magpies, black birds, robins, wood pigeons and sparrows. It must be cool to be a bird. You can fly and watch the world as it spins below you.

Today, I also had a taste of my first English McDonald's. The place wasn't yellow, like Makky D's back home always are. Instead it was green, with weird and uncomfortable seats. James had BigMac meal with large chips and coke, I only had nuggets and chips. I never liked Makky's, I have always been and will always be a Jollibee baby :-)


Since it was a gorgeous sunny spring day, James and I walked a lot around town. We shopped for a little bit. He got me a pair of sexy black boots and black shoes he says I'd use when I start working. And also a pair of black trousers from Top Shop. It was dear, but it was the only size that fits me, and even size 6 is still two inches loose around my waist :p

Then we went to PC Shop, and he argued over which wireless network card he should get. In the end we opt for the safe choice - the wireless USB adapter. I installed it when we got home and it worked a lot better than his built-in one, but as the label says, it ain't good for gaming. But who needs gaming?


We did more walking because it was just too lovely a day to waste. So we walked from town centre to Spencer street and found the Catholic church that his mum looked up for me in the directory. Unfortunately it's closed, so that's another one in my list :-). I didn't get to see how it's like inside but outside, it's a gorgeous structure.


We didn't have tea until 11PM, because we were both full from Makky's offering :-) It was roast chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies and my homebaked brownies for pudding. I slept so well because to tell you the truth, all that walking knackered me out.


No comments: