Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

22 April 2008

England Diaries: Day 11

I am taking a break from trying to get a bit of wood inside my index finger, so I thought I'd write some on here.
It's quite warm and sunny outside, 14 degrees :-) I think the weather is starting to pick up.

I was chatting with my brother and mum on Yahoo when the power went out. I thought, well look at that, feels just like home. But two and a bit hours later, it wasn't like home anymore. James rang me from work asking if the power is back yet, and when I said not yet, he concluded that it might be a switch in the Fuse box that tripped, and that his dad is going to ring me in a minute. Not a second longer, his dad called me on my moby and instructed me to check the fuse box in the garage and make sure all the switches are up. But five minutes later, he realised that what I needed to check was the dial and not one of the eight switches, and I saw that it was off so I guess I was the only one in the neighbourhood who was cold and bored for two hours. Now, the main problem was figuring out how to reach the switch :D I am not 6'1 like James, or 6'3 like his dad... Good job they have everything in the garage, all the tools I could think of (and not) were there, and a handy ladder came in handy.. and a meter long stick. But even though I was able to reach the switch with the stick, I couldn't turn the dial around with it. So I had to move the steps closer, had to move a huge bike out of the way, climb the wall a little bit and turn the switch with my right hand. (well, my left hand was busy tightly gripping on a pole, clinging on for my dear life) I hate anything to do with electric so I had to ask James's dad if it's safe to turn the dial with my hand (cos it was his idea to use a stick), and even then I had to close my eyes haha.
So from the stick, I now have specks of wood inside my finger and it's hurting so I need to take it out right NOW.

No comments: