Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

25 April 2008

England Diaries: Day 13

Yesterday was Day 12. But I have a very painful ingrown toenail that I just couldn't be arsed to blog. I bumped it on James's knee the night before and I think that made it hurt a lot worse. And wearing closed shoes and walking a lot on the 23rd also affected it. And yesterday, I had to take 1000mg of paracetamol on an empty stomach because I didn't want to be late for my appointment with the recruitment agency in Mansfield. I had to wear my trainers and bring my black shoes because there was no way in hell I could walk in my dainty shoes. And well, not only that, we had to walk in the rain because suddenly the weather decided to turn against me again. It toook a bit for the painkiller to take effect, and even when it did, my toe still hurt like crap. To make things more "English", we had to stand in the coach station for more than thirty minutes, freezing our arses in the pouring rain. Somehow I feel better when I felt James's hands and they were cold... At least I know I am not being a big baby - it really is cold. The ride to Mansfield was cool. I love the roads here, and the scenery. The only thing I hate is that the bus driver doesn't wait for you to find yourself a seat, he just drives off. And he doesn't wait for you either when you have to get off at your station, so you have to be at the door even before he makes a stop. I hate that... My shoes are simply not made for that :p

I am getting a better idea of England now. It's so cute how people thank the bus driver when they get off. I think James took my joke seriously when I asked him why they thank the driver, when it's his job to drive, and that it's not like it was a free ride :p I was only kidding, but I think it's a very friendly gesture. It encourages the bus driver to drive safely, and I know that a simple smile and simple thank you really do wonders. He showed me where his two good mates live, one in Hasland and one in Temple Normanton (he quizzes me with the places we drive through), his mates that I've only seen as a human rogue and a night elf hunter.

So we got to the recruitment agency, after changing from trainers to my dainty shoes, we went inside. Paula said I was twenty minutes early, so I sat there most of the time. I filled in pages of forms, did a written literacy test and typing speed test and a 1-on-1 interview with Eileen (sp?) They were all very polite, smiley and friendly so I did not get nervous at all. While sitting there waiting, I saw the sun shining through the window! I couldn't wait to get out! But guess what, when I was finished (an hour and a half later), it decided to pour again. Great.

On our bus ride home, I changed into trainers again because my toe was killing me - literally.
And when we got home, James only had time for a quick sandwich before he had to go to work. He's such a star. He was very nice to every one back home, but here, he is even more amazing. So apart from a text from Gareth that night, there was nothing peculiar about today.

No comments: