Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

17 January 2010

Look into my EYES!

I'm over my emo thoughts last night. Sometimes watching Grey's make me a bit emotional. I feel sorry for Lexi, I would hate to have to compete against a daughter - a pregnant one at that!
It's a shame because I think Lexi brings out the best in McSteamy. If you find a person who can do that for you without even trying, then it's a definite keeper!

I had a nice and busier-than-normal day today. I had an appointment with my optician at lunch time for some contact lense assessment after last Tuesday's eye test and being given new prescription. Yep, I can see even less without my specs. I was gonna have the new lenses fit in my old Prada frame right there and then but I was told that they can't guarantee that my old frame will not snap and that they won't be held liable for that. That was bad news because neither James nor I didn't want to risk breaking my Prada frame; for one it wasn't cheap and secondly it's only a year and 7 months old. So we went to Scrivens where we got them and perhaps they could guarantee to replace the frame if it snaps upon replacing the lenses. But unfortunately, they couldn't either and to make it worse they charge £80 more for new lenses. Ridiculous!

So we went back to SS and had a look at some reasonably priced frames after deciding I would rather keep my Prada specs and just use my new ones when I'm driving or generally going out. Hey they're my first pair, I can't have them snap into pieces and be completely useless! I'm sentimental like that.

I saw some nice frames actually including a really sexy cateye-shaped frame with purple edges but somehow the prospect of wearing contact lenses was brought up. So I thought "ye, why not give it a go as I've tried fashion ones before". Apparently fashion contact lenses can really damage your eyes, that is according to the optician I met with yesterday.
She had THE best Irish accent ever! Although she said she doesn't sound as she used to because she had lived in England for 12 years. You know when you meet people for the first time and you think there is nothing not to like about this person and you just feel comfortable around that person? That is how I felt with her. I didn't catch her name which is a shame. But I will see her again sometime this week when my contacts have arrived, she said she shall give me a ring. I was really disappointed to find out that I have to wait a few more days to get my contact lenses but chuffed nonetheless to have met this very nice Irish-British optician.

I love people like her. She gives out such positive vibes and you can tell she is genuinely interested in people and her job is not a chore to her. Whether or not it is true I shall never know but that is the aura that she has around her which is really refreshing and encouraging. When I came out of the examination room, James was looking puzzled and he says "what were you two laughing about in there?" I honestly didn't think the people at the waiting area could hear us with the door closed.

She popped an unexpected question after examining my eyes, though. She asked me if both my parents are from the Philippines. I said my biological parents both are, yes. I thought she was going to ask me what everyone has asked me before since coming here a year and eight months ago: howcome I speak 'excellent' English with no thick/strong Asian accent? But surprisingly she had something different to say. She said that she could have presumed that one of my parents is not Asian because the shape of my eyes are rare. I'm guessing she meant the shape of my eyeballs as she said this after examining my eyes, and popping out to get an eye instrument to measure my eyes to make sure that they are just different but still normal. The eye doctor told me that all Asian eyes she's examined are flat. I can't really imagine what a 'flat eye' looks like... I just have to take her word for it when she says my eyes are quite rare in shape. After all she has 15 years of experience to back her up. Yeah, in a matter of 20 minutes we talked a lot about random stuff, including how patients and friends of hers who have the same Contraceptive Implant I have have gained up to 4st in weight since getting the implant. That is some horrific information for me LOL
As we were leaving Spec Savers, James said I found a new bestfriend.

No comments: