Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

23 March 2009

Mothering Sunday

Yesterday was Mothering Sunday here in the UK.

I offered to make Sunday Dinner for the four of us to celebrate Mother's Day. After three hours in the kitchen we had great dinner and conversation over Prawns in Marsala Alfredo Sauce for starter, Chicken Curry and Special Fried Rice and Grilled Salmon with bacon and mushrooms with red wine and balsamic vinegar for main course and fresh fruit salad for dessert. I did everything from scratch and nothing came out of a jar. I served everything buffet style and I thought I cooked too much but to my surprise everything went and. all in all it was a pleasant Mothering Sunday indeed. Madeleine was very happy receiving card and a personalised Audio CD from James which included some of her most favourite songs and a Simply Red Best Of CD and a nice note from Liz who unfortunately couldn't come home for the occasion.

Of course I didn't forget to grab a Mother's Day card for my mum because I am most definitely sure that they won't have them in the shelves in May which is when we celebrate it in the Philippines.

No comments: