Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

25 March 2009

I was so pleased to hear that James have made an application to Nottingham Trent and University of Manchester for a course on Economics. I really believe that this course is perfect for him. And we'd be living on our own if he decides to go this year. That should be exciting! I know James would prefer to live on our own just as much as me but as usual, he makes some sacrifices for me. Since I am not working at the moment we can't afford to rent a flat and still be able to support my mum back home. To be honest I'd choose this set-up over and over again if I had to if it means being able to help my mother out. Not doing so is not an option even though my eldest brother can help her with house bills as he just got a salary increase! Yep grats to him ^_^ The only good thing about living here is we're not really on a free ride as we pay monthly rent but we get free utility. And the best thing about it is I get to show my gratitude to my in-laws for welcoming me with open arms and open heart from Day 1 by helping out with the chores and cooking and baking for them. I love to bake and they love to eat so it's a perfect set-up. Maddie's got everything in her kitchen and recently she has bought more baking trays :-) Ah and she got me my own pinny which I thought was lovely of her. In a way this is like a Filipino set-up. It is very common in the Philippines to live with in-laws. Both my best friends Karen and Sarah (with their husbands and children) live with their parents. My sister stayed with us for like a year after she got married and my brother lives with his in-laws but I suppose in his case he is saving up for his own house and moving out soon. Not to mention he pays for 60% of utility bills. I hope he buys the house near where mum lives that would be a fantastic set-up. Of course until I get my mum here. And then I can answer the ever so pop question that every one seems to ask me since I got married 3 years ago: When are you two planning to have kids? Just at the moment the thought of me pushing a pram is such a horrendous idea...

No comments: