Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

28 March 2008

It has begun!



I've just weighed my suitcase and already it has exceeded the allowed weight of 20k. I know I will have 40k limit since my husband, James, is travelling with me and since he is not bringing anything with him (but an empty suitcase for me to fill *_*), I get to have double the weight limit.
I didn't realise how huge this suitcase is! I mean, of course I bought the biggest one of the lot, and there were practically hundreds of suitcases in the luggage section in SM Department Store!

Actually, what I didn't realise more is how much bloody stuff I have! Honestly, I gave away more stuff than I am actually bringing with me. And the coolest thing is that my clothes fit my nieces of 9 and 10 years old, my mum, my sister, our housekeeper and her niece who has just given birth and the same niece's daughter of 8 years old. I know I am quite skinny, but I never thought my clothes, which I actually still wear fits my little nieces. But it's cool, cos there are many people who "benefited" from my stuff :-) The bad part is that, I know I could not possibly take all my shoes with me, as much as I would want to, so I am going to have to give some to my mum and some to my sister. Sucks... for me that is, as I am sure it won't suck for them o-O

Six days from now, James will (FINALLY) be here. In fact, I am more excited to see him among anything else. I mean, of course I am excited that finally we can start out life together, but I have not seen him for a little over a year and I miss him very much, so I am looking forward to being in his company again than I am about getting my most coveted UK Visa. My husband is more coveted than any Visa in the world to be honest. I mean, he's done so much and all at the tender age of 21. He's that kind of person that when people are just about to think he ain't gonna make it, he delivers with a perfect finish. There are people who get to 40 without accomplishing anything in their lives, and I am not counting the ones who are less fortunate, who were born with nothing. I know it has not been easy for him, to listen to a ranting wife in frustration and he had not lost his patience once at me. If the situation was reversed, I would probably have walked away very early on. But that is just a small part of himself, he knows what he wants, and he goes for those things, it doesn't matter if that "thing" is eight thousand miles away, or if it meant he had to work 13 hours a day, or lump living with his parents at his age. I remember him telling me how his mate still lives with his parents, he said he wouldn't like that. It's not about his parents being hard to live with, in fact they have helped us a lot, it's just about his preference to be independent, and because he loves me so much, he is always going the extra mile and ends up doing things which he otherwise wouldn't do. And for this thing alone, I have an enormous respect for my husband. I love him for a lot of reasons, but for this particular thing, I respect him like I have never respected a man before.

And right now, I am excited about finally having a proper life! I know it isn't going to be a bed of roses, but I know I can do it. With my mother for an inspiration, and James for a reason to live, what could go wrong?

No comments: