Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

06 June 2009




This morning I was up by ten to 8AM which is pretty unusual cos I've never been an early riser. James and I had another viewing and this time it was a 2bedroom end cottage, a five minute walk from his parents' house. I am really enjoying all these viewing stuff, I feel like I am one of those people in housing programmes I like to watch. Now I know that it is true, you really have to have a good feeling about the place as soon as you enter. I wasn't very happy with the one we saw this morning, but I guess it's because the flat we saw yesterday is more my taste. I am really excited about having our own place. I have only ever lived in one home for 20 years so this is the first time I am going to have my own place. I am ever so pleased that we are getting out of here and will soon have our own space that will reflect James and I and not remnants of us. The modern flat in a brand new building which is a 4 minute walk to the Town Centre really appealed to me. It only has one bedroom but it is a good size - just a bit bigger than mine back home and double the size of James' room here. It has a little terrace and it is in a good area. The cottage we saw today is like an old lady's house, I don't see myself living there at all. Although I have to say there is one advantage to it - it is a house which has a little backyard but the maintenance for the modern flat will be a lot cheaper and easier. James and I have decided that we will decide over the weekend and he will give the real estates agents a ring on Monday morning to let them know that we are taking the flat. What I don't like about here though is you can't just move in like you can back home. You need to pay so much fees like bond and council tax. In the PI, you just hand out a 1M deposit and 1M advance and you're good to go! Oh well at least James is taking care of all that. My role will be decorating the place and adding some personal touch to it so that it can still be very homely, even for a 1bed flat.

No comments: