Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

27 May 2009

Yesterday morning, I had half a cup of coffee for breakfast and a long letter from James' mum. I find it really weird that she'd write a letter when we live in the same house and see each other every day. Apparently she wrote us a letter to avoid a discussion into turning to an argument. Fair enough. The letter was just about me renewing my Visa (to a Residency one) and James going back to University. But she mentioned about me not having a social life - no British friends and social life were her exact words. I do have a social life - online. I have British friends - online as well :) There is Gareth but he is out of the question, he's not interested in becoming my friend once again. It made me think if I want to live here permanently. My immediate answer is NO. I don't have family here, no friends and no pets. Everything that I am doing here I can do better back home. But of course that answer quickly turns into a YES after I have considered the people around me. I do wish I had non-virtual friends here and a proper social life but I don't and to be honest I am quite content. I sometimes wish I could go out at night even if it's just to go to a club to listen to extremely loud music and drown all my thoughts in the sound. I sometimes wish I had friends to go dancing with. But I don't. And even if I were back home all my mates are all busy moms and going out is not even an option for them. So it isn't much different anyway.

I do miss the beach - a lot. There is something about the beach that calms me all over. Even the cold beach of Great Yarmouth made me feel really calm and happy. When I go back to the Philippines for a holiday I will make sure I go to Boracay because that place is amazing!

Forgot to mention I bought some books yesterday. Had to buy them from the bookshop because the Library was closed. I got Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins and Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden. Since I am over-WOW'd at the moment, I need these books :)

No comments: