Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

27 May 2009

Sensitive skin suckZ


I always wondered why my mom needed to put so much stuff on her face - toner, cleanser, moisturisers, day and night creams etc. I only ever used POND'S facial foam and POND'S cream, the latter I probably wouldn't have used if my sister didn't use it. As a 12 year old kid I was curious as to what her secret was for being so pretty, she was in University then. I tried other stuff on my face, from cheap to more top-of-the-range brands but I always ended up with sticky and itchy skin so I gave up on the whole moisturising my face and body lotions. I did not need it anyway - THEN. But since I got here in the UK, my skin just got incredibly dry and annoying. I HAD to use something. I have tried many different types of moisturisers but I got the same reactions to most of them. But I had to make do with NIVEA and Johnson's since they made me itch less.

Last Christmas, Liz gave me a Body Shop Gift Pack with different moisturisers and body scrub in it and not only did I love the smell of it but my body actually reacted nicely to the body butter most especially. Yesterday I had a look around Body Shop in town and asked the lady there about facial moisturisers for dry skin and she recommended me the Jajoba range and I thought to myself, why not? Last night I tried the exfoliator, cleanser, toner and the moisturiser and my skin felt really soft and smooth and the best thing is that I didn't itch and the cream did not feel too heavy or sticky. Overall a good find! Of course I prefer the way it was back home where my skin was in a lot better condition without me having to spend money and effort taking care of it. But I guess the good in all this is that I am taking care of my skin the way I should, really. After all I am not getting any younger.

No comments: