Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

30 June 2008

It's a job nonetheless

So today as I’ve said on my last entry, I met with Emy, the owner of the Asian Food Store in the town centre. I thought it was only going to take me a few hours as I thought we were only going to discuss job details, but I ended up starting work already. It’s only a part time job because she already has two other girls working for her but I think one of them is not going to be working there for much longer as she is looking for another job apart from the cleaning job she already has.
The work was quite interesting, and it wasn't hard. Well, the vegetable crates I had to get from the walk-in freezer in the morning are quite heavy, but nothing that bothered me.

I didn't think there were so many Asians around here because you never see any in the streets. It isn't only Asians what came in to buy stuff, surprisingly quite a number of locals also did come in, either to browse through stuff or actually buy stuff - mostly fresh herbs and curry paste. There was another girl there called Hannah, and she works 3 hours a day, 1-2 days a week since she has a more regular job and she is working in the Asian Food Store only for extra income. She was really nice, but it was a little bit hard to understand with her Bangladeshi accent even though she has been here for ten years.

I also met Beth, the Chairman of the Filipino community in Chesterfield and she was also very nice. She's about the only person who asked me if I am coping well here and she seemed like a genuine person.

Every one in the house went to work today, and I was the last to get home which felt a bit weird. Well, I was supposed get off work at 6 ( I came in at 9AM), but Emy asked me to go with her to Costco to get a birthday cake for her mate who celebrated her birthday yesterday, whose party she was not able to attend. I didn't know it was all the way in Sheffield, so I said OK. She dropped me off at 184 at about fifteen past eight. She asked me to go with her tomorrow to Manchester, and next week to Leeds and to attend festivities in London two weeks from now. She also asked me if I want to go to Meadowshall, I said I've already been there but there is really nothing there what fits me. I asked her where I can get size 2-4 UK clothes :-( She said she is a size 8-10...

Anyway, I will write more tomorrow because I am dead knackered right now xXx


1 comment:

Life of JD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.