Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

26 June 2008

"Caregiver in London"

James is working a long shift today, so I'm not cooking today at all. It's still raining here as it has been all day, but it's not cold.
I'm watching GameKNB at the moment. Yes, that's right! I am able to watch programmes from the Philippines now :-) And the best thing about it is, I watch them without the adverts! Thanks to Emy from the Asian Store. She told me about this website and I am so glad she did. I am able to watch TV Patrol every night and although it depresses me sometimes when I realise I am not watching it from my bedroom or the lounge back home, it's better than nothing.
So it is through this website that I also found "Caregiver". My sister told me about it sometime three weeks ago and I thought it is just another film like "Anak". She said it's quite big in the Philippines so I watched it on the PinoyChannelTV website.

"CAREGIVER"
The Acting: Sharon Cuneta's take on the role of Sarah was stunning in my opinion. You feel like you can relate to every joy, optimism and pain that she felt and not surprisingly, I think everybody has felt the same at least once in their lives. I like the way she engaged me to every second of the movie because her acting was simply superb. For a comeback movie, I think it couldn't be any better than this.

The Story: I was expecting it to be just like any other movies where someone goes abroad to work there and send money back home. But in this movie, her main goal was actually to get her son to the United Kingdom, which I think is really good. I know earning money here and sending it back home can really give your loved ones back in the Philippines a very comfortable life, but what good is it if everything is short-term? And what good is it if you have to spend half of your life working and never being able to go home to your loved ones? I like the way Sarah's character plays a consistent clever woman who knows what is best for her child in the long run and she is kind and funny and loving but at the same time, she is strong and a woman who knows what she wants and goes for it. Her husband, played by John Estrada, is also a remarkable character because there are a lot of husbands like him. I love the scene where Sharon and John are on their way to the airport to go back home and whilst walking toward the entrance of the airport, she realise that she shouldn't have to put up with this kind of husband. I love the line "kung ikaw hindi nagtagumpay dito, bakit kailangang pati ako hilahin mo pababa kasama mo?" and he says "dahil asawa kita". If my husband says that to me, I would have questioned if he is the same person. What kind of a person who promised to love you forever will drag you down in the dump with him? And as Sharon plays the role of Sarah, she finally said "Enough". She never did go back home with her husband to the Philippines and she made it clear that she is no longer going to be the doormat wife she had been before. The movie ends with Sarah showing her son Paulo around London, and it couldn't have sent a more positive message to everyone who are determined enough to take ten steps down only to slowly climb another hundred up.


CAREGIVER FULL TRAILER:



**** I got a phone call today from Emy and she asked me if I would like to do some part time work in the Asian Store, and I said, yeah why not since I am not working yet at the moment. She said she will ring me again tonight or tomorrow to talk about it. And here I thought she was only ringing to tell me she has Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce in stock. James refuses to have his favourite spaghetti and chicken pasta until I get Del Monte from the Asian Store *_* ****

**** I also got a phone call at 6:30PM from one of the jobs I applied for, which I thought was quite unusually late, and he scheduled an interview with me on the 2 July. The problem is, I've posted three job applications at the same time on Friday and I don't know which one this is. I should really make a note of the jobs I apply for. Silly Me... *****

No comments: