Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

18 June 2008

Second movie date in England: THE HAPPENING

waiting for the bus to town 14/06

So, Sex and the City was the first movie James and I saw together here in England. I know he only watched it because he knew I am a SATC fan, so when he asked me to come watch "The Happening" on Saturday, I went even if I were not so keen on the trailer. I love movies and going to the cinema with James, but tickets and food are so dear, I'd rather read the reviews and wait until they are released on DVDs!

The cinema was quite busy - a lot busier than when we first went there. Unfortunately, James had chosen a very bad spot for us to sit through the movie. So, we ended up enduring a boring movie, and deciding whether to kill the kids who were sat in front of us. We opt to let them off by the way. And we thought the film was A-15 and not 12!

The idea of the movie, in fairness to Mr Shyamalan, was actually amazing. If they had have put on more thought on the movie and it's construction, it would have been a fantastic film. But, short of it's promises, it was just another boring movie. It made "Phone Booth" a lot more interesting, to be honest. So, "The Happening" with it's crap actors, crap execution was a five-star rubbish. I don't think I have seen such bad acting in the hundreds of movies that I watched. The film was a disaster. It's one of them films where you end up waiting for something to happen - all the way through. And the movie was explained in the end as "some things just can't be explained..." Right.

The best part of that day was what we had for tea! Dominos stuffed-crust pizza with creamy garlic dip :-)


No comments: