Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

03 July 2008

Day Two in the Asian Store

Today was a long day – yes, for a change. Emy sent me a text message last night asking me to come in today. She actually tried ringing me before 9AM yesterday asking me to come in that morning but I said I already have arrange stuff to do, i.e. 3 loads of laundry and 2 of ironing. And I told her to tell me at least the night before, and not right that second. I think when I told her I am always available, she took it three steps too far. So when she sent me a text last night asking if I could come in today, I said I will do.

James took me to work again today, and Maddie drove us to town again since she was doing her RNIB’ng in the area anyway, which is really nice of her. We were in the Asian Store at five to 9, but Emy wasn’t there until fifteen minutes later.

Whilst I was bringing the vegetables out of the walk-in freezer, she asked me to buy bin liners from Wilkinsons, I had no idea where the hell the bin liners are so I had to ask one of the staff who happened to be very nice and helpful and since Emy didn’t answer me when I asked her what size (she probably ain’t got the foggiest). On my way back to the store, this bloke who was unloading some stuff from a big van into Yeoman’s smiled at me as if he didn’t have a huge box in his hands and said “you’re beautiful, you know that?” And for some reason, I said “Thank you” and smiled back. Probably because he didn’t look pervo and didn’t sound like it either. He looked like he was family man. I think he was surprised that I said thank you because I’d normally just walk on and ignore the compliment completely. As we were crossing the road, he was like “you all right?” so I said “yes good, how’re you?” and he said “good”. There you go, my thirty second conversation with a complete stranger. It was a good way to start my day, I suppose. A nice and friendly soul. When I got back to the store, there is this young lad who was talking to Emy in Tagalog, and we were introduced to each other. His name was Jun. Apparently, his both his mum and dad work here as nurses in Homes. His mum has been here for five years, his dad for three and himself for two years. He asked me how old I am, I said 23. He said he thought I was only 18-19. Just when I thought my morning couldn’t be better, hahaha. He asked me for my YM and Friendster so I gave it to him. He spoke good English as well, because he said his parents sent him to short course in English which is very clever of them because that way, it will be easier for him to fit in here especially since he is studying. I found out that he is only 17, and has a 12 year old brother who is coming to join them very soon. Jun said he thought I was Chinese. My boss introduced me to this Thai woman’s house who owed her money, and she thought I was Thai.

Indians seem to be very observant with hair because I get so many compliments on my hair from Indian women a lot. Well, three times :-P

At 4:30, Maddie popped in to pick me up to take me to Hebe, this salon where she and James go to. She had booked an appointment for me to get my eyebrows shaped and waxed last week, so I had to ask Emy for a twenty-minute break since I don’t eat at dinner break anyway. The girl who did me eyebrows was called Debbie and she was a lovely woman. Or maybe it’s part of her job to talk to customers so when she strip that wax strip off, you will hardly notice it. She told me a lot about here in the ten minutes we spent in the room! She said I should not have kids yet until I have done what my husband and I want to do because she has a boy of one year old whom here husband and she took to Italy recently for a holiday and she said it’s not the same. It cost £7 for her services but Maddie paid for it. I offered to pay her but she said it’s her treat since that’s my first time in Hebe.

So after that, I went back to the Asian Store, and cleaned up in the filthy back room. The only clean place in the whole office and backroom was the loo, which is actually good. At 6:30, Emy asked if I could go with her to this Japanese restaurant to deliver some eggs and beansprouts. To be honest, I didn’t want to but I said ok since James won’t be home until midnight anyway. But then the 30 minute trip to the Sushi bar turned into a four and a half journey here, there and everywhere. I just got home at 10:15PM and told Maddie and Chris about my day and they were laughing at my stories and I think they are happy to see me out of the house and that they just like it when I tell them funny stories. Fortunately for them, I had to experience all the things they are only laughing about *_*

I will write more about my day today tomorrow, if I remember. I am no use at the moment. All I can say is that Emy is the worst driver in the world! We get a lot of tuuts because she sucks and she doesn’t know how to park… She took me to MakyD’s and I had to wait out in the chilly 9PM breeze and I didn’t have my jumper on, and this is while she try to park her car properly (or an attempt at it). She bought me a Happy Meal with a toy… I feel silly and embarrassed for her, to be honest. She bought me McFlurry as well, she probably fail to see my goose pimples… I took it home with me with the chicken club sandwich and I’ll see if James wants them. He will be home in a about fifteen minutes and he will be delighted when he sees the spaghetti sauce he loves, and also the crispy seaweeds that he liked when we ate in this Italian restaurant two Saturdays ago.

My mum text me sometime this afty, but I was too busy to text back, and I was feeling stingy hehe.

Anyway, bed time for me. I’ve looked forward to this moment *_*



"This is my friend, by the way"
"Your friend? you have a very very young friend"

No comments: