Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

07 October 2009

Topnotch Tuesday

I was supposed to write the second part of my latest blog entry (prior to this of course) yesterday but my day turned out amazingly wonderful and busy!

It was James' day off so we were able to go on a day out in town. First we checked out the newly opened H&M store and we actually purchased a shirt for James! No, that's not a typo. We really did buy a piece of clothing that wasn't for me - for once! Well, the smallest size they had in the store was size 6 and I really must get something from there, it would have to pluck it from the children's department. The clothes for 13 year old's are just the right size for me. In fact I told James that one of these days I am going to try on something from the Children's range.

Two days ago I got the jacket I ordered from ASOS.com which fit me perfectly. It was off their Petite range in UK size 4 which is the equivalent of US size 0. I mean, is zero even a valid size?? To be honest I am really not skinny, I have seen many ladies here who are a lot skinnier than I am. It's just the petite Asian frame I have which seems to be too big for any high street clothes. Yesterday I was very disappointed to find out that I don't fit in a skinny jeans from River Island. I really loved the embellishments and detail on the front and back of it. Sadly, the smallest size they had it in was 6 and it was literally falling off me with every movement I make. I have never bought a pair of jeans here in the UK but I will make sure that when I do I won't bother if they haven't got it in size 4 - unless of course I gain weight then perhaps I could actually buy stuff off the shops here and not have to rely on ASOS and Miss Selfridge and some Topshop (rip off!). Perhaps I should go and check ASDA out as I read that they do some petite clothing in size 4.

Another highlight of my day yesterday was having my hair cut and styled! It's long overdue to be honest. I had three and a half foot of hair I carry around on the top of my head which strangles me in my sleep at night and which I sit on pulling my scalp well hard in the process. I didn't realise how heavy that amount of hair could be until I chopped a foot of it. My head felt a lot lighter and I can sit down without worrying about pulling my hair. An hour and a half sat on the salon chair at Toni & Guy's it was finally over - the day that I was anxious about for a long time. James and I then went to have my passport and licence photos and then had a nice stroll to Dunelm Mill to see what we could spend the voucher that Richard and Wendy gave us for a pressy when we moved into our new flat. It's been under a fridge magnet for four months and we finally spent it yesterday on:
  • bath towels
  • matching pedestal and bath mat
  • black out curtain liner
  • small bin for the bedroom
and probably go back for bed sheets as we still have £20 left on the voucher! Or maybe a cake stand, pipping bag, cookie cutter... the list goes on! There are some really ace stuff in their kitchen section.

I LOVED the weather yesterday, it was the perfect temperature!
Until we came out of Dunelm Mill...
It absolutely chucked it down on us! Good thing about having long and thick hair is that unlike James who got soaked the second the rain fell, I actually didn't feel wet until we were almost home. I will remember to wear water proof mascara next time just in case I get soaked haha!!
On a bad day I would have gone bonkers that my hair got ruined after it got styled to the tee, but yesterday was absolutely perfect. It was like déjà vu for us really. We had the same situation in Baguio when we went to the market and it rained cats and dogs out of nowhere and neither of us ever carry a brolly with us. We both hate carrying an umbrella, it's silly yes but we'd rather get wet than have the bother of a brolly. Of course on a really cold day, I have learned to take one with me because getting wet on a 5 degree C - weather is not very nice.


To top it all off, the pork roast I marinated overnight turned out absolutely lovely. I suck at making gravy but last night I made a red wine gravy and James loved it. He normally just have ketchup because I am notorious for making lumpy gravy - so much so that I have stopped trying, until last night. The roast vegetables that I served with it also came out perfect, I have overdone my veg in the past before :p

So yes, I had a brilliant Tuesday - too ace to write a sad piece on lies and pretentious friendships.

No comments: