Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

29 July 2009

People Come and Go. So make the most of every minute.


(These are photos of me and my closest friends after we haven't see one another for 4 years, except Sarah my best mate of course as I never lost contact with her:)


Two Sundays ago, I met the first WOW people I have played with. They were James' school mates whom he haven't seen for 3 years. I contemplated going with them for a meal. I thought I should give them time and space to catch up without the awkwardness of having to include me in the conversation. But then I thought if i didn't go, they might think I'm a snob. In the end I decided to go. I wanted to meet them as well. It was Will, James' bestmate from school who booked the table at Frankie & Benny's and also served as taxi service for the night =)

Very punctual as British people are (very different from Pinoys!) he arrived to collect us 15 miutes early and then we went to collect Mark. It's a shame Mark's sister had the flu, I wanted to come in and have a minute with his dog and his cat! I was disappointed.

As I sat across Mark and in between Will and James I found that I didn't feel uncomfortable or uneasy at all. Will was cracking jokes all the time and he never wiped the smile off his face. I felt like I was in a dream. I was there in the flesh with two people that for the longest time I only known as Kihvi the rogue and Aoetsu the hunter. You might think I am a basketcase for feeling this way, after all they are not celebrities. They are just people who enjoy the same online game as I do. But you wouldn't know would you? You aren't me.

I've been playing this game for almost four years now, and I met many people. I quit for a few months but not completely. I sometimes wonder if I am real or if I'm just a virtual character, like Foxychick. I'd like to be her, she's epic and a leader and co-manages a guild. She's confident with her bow and her pet with her all the time, not to mention her long night elf legs. I've played with so many people in WOW and made a few close ties. A few days ago a recent friend I have been playing with and speaking to on TS wrote me an ingame mail saying he's quit the game to sort out some real life stuff. I was really bummed by this. He was a really nice kid, always giggly and a joker on TS. He got me to speak on TS which I haven't done in 3 years. Back in vanilla WOW, I spoke (on TS) all but twice in our 40-man raid because I had to say I got DC'd in game.

I'm starting to think I have this effect on people. Every one I get close with on WOW quits. There were a few in vanilla WOW, but the ones I was closest to were: Cyb the druid, Stian IRL. He is now studying to become a doctor. Ironclad the druid, Jes IRL. He is a new daddy and is busy with his little boy. Helos, the warrior (Filipino bloke living in Holland), I haven't heard from him for a while since we only have contact through MySpace and I have deleted my Myspace account because I am everywhere on the internet. Seeza, the warlock who is now living and working abroad. There's Sodas the Paladin who has quit the game because he got a new job and pursuing his studies at the same time. Then there's Plue the Paladin but I don't think he quit. I think he's now palying his horde character. And recently Shakenbake, the paladin. He says he is sorting out some RL stuff so I wish him luck with that.

WOW is no different from RL in some ways. People come and go. I've learned to accept that but I still can't help missing the people who have gone. They leave permanent marks in my WOW and RL heart.

No comments: