Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

09 July 2009

Five Years (poem)

09.7.09
18:03

Five years ago you were here
And I was in your arms
I hear the same song in my head
The same one you sang to my ear
I can’t believe it has been five years.
Since I cried on the telephone
I didn’t feel tears run down my cheek
But I knew I was crying
I felt so utterly sick
And my heart was breaking
Into a million pieces
That five years has not mended
It’s still scattered everywhere
Everywhere we’ve been to together
Every step of loving you
Every second of hoping you’d come back
To help me piece back my heart
I still haven’t found an answer to why
What and where I went wrong
Why you said it wasn’t me you belong with
Why you left me alone and cold to bleed
It doesn’t make sense to me
Why you wanted to be free
Now I am left with all the memories
That keeps me up at night
I couldn’t have loved you more if I tried
Even though you know I would have tried if you'd have asked
Five years from now I know I’d still be wondering
And still be trying to piece back a good heart
I’d still be trying to find the answers in the dark
I can’t believe it’s been five years
Of loneliness, heartache and tears
I hope I can take another five years
Of loving you secretly.

No comments: