Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

13 October 2008

A Poem

HOME

By Vei

4:38AM home time



I never knew how much I loved you

Until I left

I never realized what it was all for

The pain you felt

I couldn’t wait to leave you

It was a mistake

Now here I am longing for you

But you think it’s fake.

I always saw your flaws

Never the best

I chose to look at the worst

And compare you with the rest

You had everything and more

And I miss you

You loved me and I left you

Now I can’t go back.

I see your open arms

Ready for me

But the seas in between us

Makes an impossibility

I can only admire you from here

And love your from afar

Now I know it is true what they say, I believe

That there is no place like home, indeed.

1 comment:

Wordsmith said...

What can I say except I feel your longing for home...

Wish I could do something, I really do.

Great poetry; you should write some more.