Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

02 October 2008

English Diaries Continues...



I had another long day at Pitman Training Centre today, being a Thursday when they are open until 8PM. But I left an hour earlier than usual making sure I do not miss my bus because it only comes quarter past the hour, every hour after 6. I was the first one there again, and as I feared I was asked by people what time the bus comes and tonight this old chap who obviously had quite a bit to drink asked me if the bus to Staveley comes to that stop, and I said yes. I actually know the answer to their questions now, I'm quite proud. And then he tried making small talk as he began asking me if I live in Staveley, I said no and then looked away and pretended to be looking out for the bus. He was not being rude or scary like my experience a couple of weeks ago where I had to walk away from the bus stop and stood in front of Subway (about 12ft away from the stop). I have a real heard time seeing the bus numbers even when they are well lit-up. I rely on the time and people saying "here's the bus" or "77 finally" because for some reason most buses go 'Out of Service' in the evening. It was really cold out there tonight. I saw several people wearing their hats + gloves + scarf, and I was not the only one shivering at the bus stop tonight! There was this woman who was shaking so much and somehow this scene makes me feel better. Not because she is suffering but because it validates the fact that I am not being a big baby. When the wind blows on my face, it feels like submerging my entire head into a tub of ice cubes! I am NOT exaggerating. I miss having the wind blow upon my face and smiling as that has always been the case until I got in England. I used to love it windy days because back home, it cools me down and I can actually savour it. But here, I always pray for it to stop even just for five seconds so I can get my breath back. I must be making it sound so much worse than it is, but I guess it just takes time to get used to. I have always complained about the heat back home anyway. I wish I were somewhere in between though, would be nice : -)

My day at Pitman was boring. Access 2003 is a completely unfamiliar territory to me. I have never used it, never been interested, and to be honest never really knew about it until I read it on some requirements on some job vacancies published on The Derbyshire Times etc. So I have decided to study it as first of my two electives in my Diploma Course, as it is widely used here in business offices. So far, it has been doing my head in. I don't know if it's just because I'm not really interested in it, or that I have stuff on my mind just at the moment and I find it rather impossible to concentrate. Probably a bit f both. Anyway, I will hopefully be in a better shape on Monday to fully understand Access.

The highlight of my day was right at the start actually. Whilst waiting for my bus, this old lady who was walking her Yorkshire terrier walked past me. But the little dog stopped and sniffed me and just won't move along no matter how hard the old lady pulled the lead. I smiled to assure her that I did not mind at all. She smiled back and said the dog just wants to be touched so I bent down and petted the little cute thing. I admitted to the stranger that I love dogs and she said, still with a smile "better than most people". And then they moved on and my bus arrived. How I have missed touching little fury things! It was good that the dog had been a Yorkshire Terrier though and not a Rot. I would have probably been a little less more eager. I wore my new coat today as my everyday snugly one has been washed and has not completely dried up yet and realised I need a longer gloves to go with it as it does not have full long sleeves, but that does not make it any less gorgeous! To top it all, it came in my size! UK-4! I have not seen any size 4 in the shops here and Sheffield so I had to make do with size 6. James and I got it from Top Shop and I wished Topshops in the town sold size 4 clothes. It really is frustrating when I see something I like and they only come in size 8+. I suppose it saves us a lot of money in the end ^_^

Anyways, it's now 9:40PM and I have soaps to watch. Pinoychannel.tv may have been useless to me now since all the ABS-CBN's programmes has been deleted from the site, but I found another one and it's actually better, if not a little slow on the uploading. I've only had a tin of tuna and one finger roll today, and two cups of coffee, all at 11AM this morning but I am not hungry at all. I have pigged out in Norwich, KFC and room services so I think I need to shed all 2lbs I have put on! I like being a size 4... although I sometimes envy fat people who do not seem to feel the cold... I wonder how warm it is under all that blubber. Not that I ever want to find out for myself :D

No comments: