Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

19 August 2008

My First Day in College

Today was my first day in College. Something came up that I didn't make it on Monday, so Tuesday it was. It's James's day off today so he took me to there and renewed the books I borrowed from the Library for me.
It was quite an easy process, I filled in a form, I read and signed the contract, I gave Carla the check that Maddie has prepared for me on Saturday night and she gave me my Student Record Card and my workbook. She then showed me where the loos are and the coffee machine, and through another door was the private workstations. Apparently, the workstations outside , which is the first thing that you will see upon entering the building, are for government-funded students. It made sense to both James and I after finding that out.
Carla started me on Word 2003, after determining from my interview that I don't need to be taught "how to use the computer" and Keyboard Basics. It was more interesting than I thought it was going to be because I actually learned a few stuff. But of course there were quite a number of times where I did not follow exactly as the audio lesson said because I am use to using hot keys instead of clicking on the standard toolbar, like ctrl + c for copy etc. I completed five lessons and five exercises with only one mistake. I think I may have deselected the title when I changed it's font size so that it didn't take effect. All in all, I did 7 hours today and I made my own schedule and I reckon I'd be able to do 40 hours a week, Mondays-Thursdays.
At 4PM, James came and collected me and we went for a walk around the town, and he bought me a really great looking and fab feeling white coat from Bay. And a really nice fashionable top, as well as a long-sleeved black top that has a ribbon around the waist so it's still sexy. And now he's just brought me my tea, ready meal tonight as he didn't feel like a full meal, and I don't either, so the creamy chicken cottage pie will have to wait till tomorrow evening. And I've got to eat before my tea gets cold, so I will write more later xx

No comments: