Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

18 August 2009

The stranger that made me smile today.

It's rare but it happens. Now and again we stumble upon a complete stranger that paints a big smile on our face the way nobody else can, and nobody can wipe the giggles off our hearts either.
This wasn't the first time it happened to me but today I needed something to smile about. I didn't have a bad day, no, in fact I had a good day out with my husband and I got a new non-stick baking tray which I have already christened with chocolate chip brownies!

I was watching a video to Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone" because it's my favourite song at the moment and I stumbled upon Nick Pitera's version of the song and I was truly amazed by his gift. At first I thought it couldn't be real, he's probably lipsynching someone else's voice but then I searched for live videos by him and I found a couple where he sings on the spot in the middle of New York's busy traffic and another where he sings the National Anthem in front of live audience. Anyway, whether or not it is him what matters is that a stranger was able to lift my spirits up. Sometimes it only takes a stranger to make you realise life is really wonderful. It is rare but it happens.

No comments: