Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

05 August 2009

Rest in Peace President Maria Corazon Cojuangco-Aquino


On the morning of the first of August as I always do after James leave for work, I switch on BBC World News and there it was: I wasn't surprised to know that the Former President Aquino has indeed passed away after suffering from colon cancer. I wasn't surprised because for the past few months I have seen her daughter Kris Aquino who is a well known endorser and presenter back home update the people of her mother's condition. It is also well known that she is very close with her mother and swears by her Mother's love. The last week of July where she told The Buzz that she will be away for a time to be with her mother, I knew that all wasn't well. Apparently the doctors told them they were only talking about a couple of weeks. I am not at all political simply because I choose not to be. Perhaps it is because I grew up in the Philippines and PI politics is pure garbage. I've heard some people tell me that if I think this way then nothing will ever change. It doesn't matter how I think, I ALONE can't change the circus that is Philippine politics. I have never voted. To me there was no point voting because I don't like any of them. I don't want to have to choose between the bad, the worse and the ultimate worst. They all say the same things, make the same promises. Read the same speech that are not even their own. Their goal is set on the pot of gold that is somehow located in MalacaƱang Palace with no intention whatsoever to share it with the rest of the country. I really hope that the quality of education and the education system itself improves in the Philippines because I feel that until then people will be too ignorant to know better about these Politicians.

I am aware that the late Former President Aquino has brought people together to bring the Marcoses down and bring the democracy back to the Philipppines but I salute her not for all the Political Merits she's received, rather for the good mother that she was. I don't know her personally so you wonder how I could possibly know? I observe. I know that throughout her son's political career she has been there - every campaign and every victory party and I'm sure behind the scenes she was his source of strength and inspiration. Kris, as annoying as she could get sometimes, is a very successful and independent woman and she loves her mother to death. Former Preseident Aquino has three other daughters who are successful in their own right but unlike Kris and Noynoy they chose not to be in the limelight. She raised all five children on her own after her husband was assassinated in 1983. Raising kids is hard enough let alone raising them all on your own. To be successful at it deserves some props. It is by far way better than any political merits one can be awarded. For this I give kudos to Former President Corazon Aquino. May her soul rest in peace in God's embrace.


No comments: