Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

18 January 2009

Seeing the world differently




I never thought I've been living in the dark for such a long time. But yesterday that all changed. I see the world in a brand new light now - literally! I got me a pair of corrective glasses. I didn't think it would make such a huge difference. In fact when James said that when we go collect the glasses I need to make sure that they are right, and I wondered how the hell will I be able to tell if they're right? But the second I tried them on, I realised how bad my sight was. There was more light and I can read signs on shops' doors and most of all, I can see people's eyes, nose, lips and hair. It took James and his mum some time to convince me to have an eye test and forever to actually order the glasses. I decided I should really when I could not see people's faces from beyond 10 yards. All I see is a white blur and same goes for when I look in mirrors. To be honest it was freaky to see a blank surface where facial features should be. And I can watch the telly without asking James to read captions or important credits to me. Oh, the television set we have in the bedroom is not so bad as I thought it was. Apparently it was my eyes. I'm still not happy with how I look with glasses on but if only to see normally then I think I could live with a little less vanity.

note: I wrote this on Saturday, but forgot to hit the PUBLISH button :)

No comments: