Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

16 January 2009

Pan's Labyrinth in Norfolk

Three odd months ago I got to see the country and city side of Norfolk. James and I stayed in the hotel where his sister, Liz, worked at the time. We had room service because I simply love room service haha. But the best part of the room was the telly. Yes, the telly. I miss having a telly with loads of channels and what I could actually watch whilst lying in bed. We have one here but it's rather small and the duvet is so bloody thick that it just drowns you so I have to sit up if I want to watch any of the five channels available. Yeah, I hear ya, 'what a chore to sit up'. Seriously, I say the telly was the best part of the room because James and I got to watch a movie together as it comes second to the things we enjoy doing together, next to playing PC Games. At first we weren't sure what kind of film Pan's Labyrinth was. We were a bit disappointed to find out that it is in Spanish and we had to read subtitles, which I normally wouldn't mind. But things have changed and my eyes can't see clearly anything that is 12 yards away. It helped that I understand many Spanish words though. But as James and I both agreed upon, the movie is absolutely meaningful and well made. There was no boring bit. The editing was superb and it did not give away clues which made it all the more exciting to watch. I will recommend this movie for people who love movies and don't mind reading subtitles, unless of course you speak and understand Spanish perfectly, then lucky you! Recently I found out that this film has won a tremendous number of awards and received significant praise from critics. It is well deserved.

Here is the full trailer for Pan's Labyrinth:

No comments: