Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

15 September 2012

When Wife Meets The Wanna-be Other Woman

There can't be a shortage of men in Chesterfield!

I suppose it's not unlikely to grow fond of someone you work with and that's OK if that someone is NOT married.

Yesterday, I took my mother and my son to the restaurant pub where James works. I made sure the woman in question worked that day. I also made sure I looked good, of course :) I came there with no intention of showing any indication of what I suspect and what I already know.

She acted weird from the second she saw me. I was a good 2ft away from where she stood when she saw and recognised me instantly. I asked for James and she couldn't wait to get away to get him. Personally I only ever acted like that when my boss caught me texting at work! And from there she just kept avoiding to meet my eyes -- even when she asked if I would like ice with my drink! She kept looking down and hiding behind one of the other staff there. 10 months ago when we first met, she was so jolly and friendly to me and Scott. Yesterday, she was a completely different person. Her behaviour around me said it all.

I'm absolutely certain that there isn't a shortage of men in Chesterfield. I don't understand why people lower themselves to such a degree in pursuit of a married person. I cannot speak for other people but in my situation, it had actually brought me and my husband closer. The stresses of his recent promotion at work had gotten to him and the stress of being a new mother had gotten to me, plus a few other things in between. When James put his arm around me at the carvery deck which is situated next to the bar where she stood, she left and went to the far side of the room. As I subtly watched her go I wondered what I was so worried about. She poses no threat to me. She is a thousand leagues below average in the looks department and she is quite on the curvy side. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but James has a strict taste for petite and slender brunettes. I know it is not all about the looks but I'm not going to lie... It helps that she looked 10 years older than me!

If I'm being completely honest, I would say I am quite a tough act to follow. James will never find anyone who will understand and put up with his one major flaw that only the two of us (and possibly his family and my mum) really know and acknowledge. He, out of all people, realises this. But he is such a nice person that it is easy to mistaken his niceness for affection. We've mended the tattered edges now and he's been trying so hard that it is hard not to forgive him - again. He's forgiven my misgivings so why can't I do him the same favour? As long as a person is trying to make amends, then he or she deserves a chance.
If the woman in question does not stop texting, calling and asking him stupid favours I will still let him deal with her. I will never stoop to her level and confront her. High road all the way.

(this pic was taken on the very day the events in this blogpost took place)

No comments: