Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

13 September 2012

He Called Me 'Babe'

Eight years ago you told me that we can NEVER be friends, you said it is impossible for you to be just friends with me. You said that what stopped you from coming to see me 8 thousand miles away is the realisation that 'I will never do for you what you are willing to do for me'. "you're too good to be true, and I was right" was how you ended one of our late-night conversations. You have said the harshest words to me and most hurtful at the time you uttered them but you also said the sweetest and most encouraging words I've ever heard, and possibly will ever hear again.
But words are wind. Your actions spoke volumes though. I still hear you singing to me over the telephone whilst you played your guitar. Save for the sound of my son's voice, it is the sweetest sound I've ever heard. I remember when you struggled to get out of bed at a half-past seven in the morning just to log onto MSN and show me how beautifully the snow was falling outside your bedroom window. You made a mental note of how I longed to play in the snow. You said that was the next best thing and you wanted to share all the beautiful things with me -- that it makes you feel like I am there with you.
I remember everything. The good and the bad, the better and the worse, the best and the worst. I remember the best most of all though simply because there were more of those to recall.

You didn't choose me when you had the chance and I didn't choose you when I had the chance to. Eight long years have passed and now we are friends. I sincerely hope you were wrong when you said we can never be friends because having you around makes me feel brave and strong --stronger than I truly am.
Someone else is loving you now, you probably call her babe. I am happy for you, from the bottom of my heart. I hope she never does anything that will deeply hurt you. But that doesn't mean I will stop remembering. I will always remember. You used to call me 'babe'
I used to call you 'mine'.

No comments: