Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

31 December 2009

The Lost Song

You’re the song I listen to over and over again
But I don’t seem to get tired of it
Every time it comes on I’d try to sing along and then
I’d just melt and the words escape me.
I listen to the same melody again and again
I should really know the words by now
When every time I hear them
I break down in a puddle of acid rain.

Your voice chills me in a way I can’t explain
But it’s all I ever want to hear
So I can’t really complain.
Your love is suffocating even when you’re not near
But you’re the blood that feeds my veins
So I can’t really complain.

I hear the song and on it plays in my head
Even when I’m asleep I dream of it
And I wake up wishing you were laying next to me
Here on your side of the bed.
You’re like a song that’s always playing
A broken record over and over again
But I can never memorise the words
Coz every time you come on you take me with you
And everything around us fade
You make me forget all the times you played me
And fooled me into believing you would stay
You’re the song I wish to sing along to
Somehow someday
And I dream of the day I could tell you
That you are the song that kept me together
Every time my heart needed an escape.
- Vei 11:26PM 31.12.09

No comments: