Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

14 November 2012

I Keep The Past In My Pocket

It's funny that people say you should leave the past exactly where it is - behind you. For me though, when I feel at a loss in the present all I have to do is look to the past and I find my answers there to better face the future.
I draw strength from my past, too.
For all that I've been through and every struggle I faced and all the stupid things I dared taking on, I am who I am today because of my past. I take the lessons learned and leave the broken pieces behind. Yes, a filter works damn well. It's not a sign of weakness when you can't let go of your past, but for me it's my way of reminding myself that I got this far in life because I was strong enough to win my past battles. Nostalgia is indeed a good treatment for a broken heart. I highly recommend it. xXx

No comments: